A Comprehensive Resource
What is Friendship?
Go around the room - one word from each person. Go around
What my friends means to me, how to be a friend:
- Can be myself without ridicule - visa versa: allows for feedback, trust
- Different levels of friends - number of real friends
- Expect ups and downs, forgiveness - plan to have to forgive
- Best friends - unspoken love. Friends can laugh at you. One or
two special friends. As a Christian, not an enemy, the devil.
- There can be distance, it means enduring sometimes
- Sharing, no judging, comfortable, know your thoughts
- Likes you in spite of yourself. Leaves you alone when it is needed;
but doesn't abandon you. Can tell you the truth with respect.
God puts them in your lives.
More: Friendship is:
- a smiling face when I come to a strange place
- a garden
- a place where I feel comfortable
- a quiet place
- warm bread
- a stage on the way to a loving marriage
- an excuse for a party or celebration
- someone whose shoulder you cry on when your child is dying
- someone there when you are sick and alone
- a pen pal in an exotic place
- someone from far away you have something in common with
- an excuse for a cake
- a step on the way to loving your neighbor
- personal friendships precede nations coming to peace
- quilting together
- laughing together
- helping someone who needs
- family with a stranger
- a pleasure to be with
- a comfort in times of grief
- someone who stops to change your tire in the rain
- a stranger who has suffered much and recognizes your hurt without words
- friends (76,275,952)
- friend (58,874,181)
- friendship (8,115,559)
- a friend is (132,539)
- a friend will (18,436)
- a friend can (17,315)
- being a friend (33,619)
- friends of the (2,517,311)
- friends are (1,263,448)
- animal friends (136,993)
- Shakespeare: Who chooseth me, must give and
hazard all he hath.
- Abraham Lincoln: "The best way to
destroy your enemy is to make him your friend."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson: "A friend is a person
with whom I may be sincere. Before him, I may think aloud."
- Proverbs 27:19: "A mirror reflects a
man's face, but what he is really like
is shown by the kind of friends he chooses."
- Proverbs 17:17: "A friend loveth
at all times."
- One that seeks the society or welfare of another whom he holds in
affection, respect or esteem or whose companionship and personality are
- A companion loves some agreeable qualities which a man may possess, but a friend
loves the man himself. - James Boswell
Webster's New World:
- A person whom one knows well and is fond of; intimate associate; close acquaintance;
- A person on the same side in a struggle
- Friend - a person with whom one has a mutual attachment. Familiar,
companion, mate, comrade. Synonym: supporter, accomplice
- Friendship - state of being friends. Synonym: association,
- Friendly - kind, brotherly, benevolent, faithful, steadfast
Copyright 1988-2012 Richard
Collins, All Rights Reserved